Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Introducing Alex "The Fonz" Archer

I only wish I was as cool as the Fonz. Anywho.

Let's get some of this "about me" junk out of the way.

I was born in a small town with some siblings, just like everybody else. The shit really hit the fan when my parents got a divorce. My psychotic, alcoholic, drug-addicted father decided he was going to file bankruptcy on the house that my mom, my younger sisters, and I were living in... he'd already moved out at that point.

So we had to move away from our friends and family, closer to where my mom worked-- another small town. I was seriously pissed off. My biological dad kept fighting for custody of me and my sisters, just so he could get back at my mom for leaving his lying ass. My youngest sister still sees him during visitation, but my other sister and myself are free. He traded us for her in a deal with the judge. Nice.

He was always an asshole, for the first 13 years of my life, up until I never had to see him again. I don't miss him, and I'd be glad if he wound up dead in a ditch somewhere like the lying meth-head he is.

Oh, and, here comes the drama-fest.

So I started, freshman year, attending a new high school. My high school experience began with zero friends, the new kid. But I was optimistic, and eventually met some pretty neat people, mostly guys.

Girls are shallow, we all know. They be hatin. Don't need to be jealous, ladies. It's obvious. I see it.

Anyways. Soon, I got really close to this one guy, Tyler. We dated for a few months, things were great, until I went on vacation and he called me, told me he was cheating on me, and hung up on me. Cool.

I was devastated, until I met Ian.

Ian quickly became my best friend. He's a skater, and he's fucking awesome, not even kidding. I don't know what a lazerflip is, but... shit, kid.

After the breakup, in like, early June, I went to the pool with Ian. (Ian never really got in the pool, the entire summer. Jeans? Really, skaters? God. I don't get it.) Tyler was there. Ian sat across the table from us while we talked. I got kinda mad, and I punched him.

Ian just kind of sat there like, "Wtf..."

A while after that was resolved, me and Ian (being 15-- kinda young, huh?) started dating a little bit. By "a little bit," I mean, we were never really public about it, and we never really got that far. We mutually decided we were better off being friends-- and after dating on and off all summer, we could go right back to being best friends. I loved how nothing changed at all. That's why we worked so well together.

Well, in September 2010, I lost my virginity.

Woah, slow down there, Alex. You just said you and Ian stopped dating. And you're 15. Slut.

Calm down, readers. I'm not a slut, and me and Ian weren't dating. On September 13th, 2010, at about 4:00 pm, I was raped in a library bathroom. Yeah... it was Tyler.

At about 5:00, before I could tell Ian about it, I was watching him skate out front of the high school. We had argued earlier that day about him smoking cigarettes, so we didn't talk much the rest of that day. After he went home, I sat in my car in the high school parking lot, blasting the radio and crying my eyes out.

I went home around 8:00 and lied to my parents about why I'd been crying. Told them some bullshit story about how a girl at school was starting rumors. They left me alone.

10:00 pm: got on Facebook and started talking to Ian. I asked him if he'd heard the song, "Kristy, Are You Doing Okay?" by the Offspring.

http://www.6lyrics.com/kristy_are_you_doing_okay-lyrics-the_offspring.aspx

In case you haven't heard it, there's the lyrics. I cry every time I hear it, no joke.

He knew. And he said he'd take care of it. He said he was going to beat the shit out of Tyler (who had the nerve to show up to school the next day). I told him not to do anything, but he said something had to be done.

I said something to one of my other friends about it, a slip of the tongue, if you will. I denied it straightaway. She (oh, look, another girl spreading a rumor, even after she's told outright it's not true, and even though she doesn't know what really happened.) told her dad about it, who is a cop. He told my stepdad about it, who is also a cop. Word got to my mom, and she went to Ian's house and asked him if he knew what had happened.

Ian spilled everything. Told her who it was.

I got off work and a police officer pulled up next to me and asked me to go to the station for questioning. I freaked out a little, but I went (having absolutely no idea that anyone but Ian knew).

They took my clothes from that day, I went to the hospital to get shots and birth control and everything, and Tyler got arrested on Friday of the same week.

So now it's January, and that day in September still feels like it was yesterday. All I've got left is Ian.

God fucking damnit that was long. If you're still with me after all that, thank you.

Now you have some idea of why I'm this fucked up, and you have some idea how important Ian is to me. You'll hear more about Ian in the future. Promise.

Love,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment